Friday, February 20, 2015

An Image Hosting Site for Astrophotographers, By Astrophotographers: AstroBin in Review

AstroBin is a website dedicated to hosting images taken by astrophotographers, which are notoriously high in size and require a minimal amount of compression to maintain their fidelity.

I have been consuming their hosted content for months now, and I absolutely adore it. The quality of hosted images is quite high, and the community of photographers is both friendly and encouraging.

Although I don't currently have enough equipment to create my own images of that quality, I am happy to observe the images of others with clearer skies than mine, and to share them with all of my readers here.

I will be posting a series of images taken by astrophotographers around the world, often hosted on AstroBin and similar sites.

Take note, and keep your eyes on the stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment